A little boy with short red hair wearing a mustard yellow pullover rand a wobbly street of vacant and condemned brick houses. No one saw this streak of red and yellow come to a sudden halt at a chipped and peeling blue door three houses from the corner. Not a single neighbor peeked out of a window to see him reach his little hand into his tan shorts and return with a large brass key. The boy squarely faced the door, peeked over both shoulders and hunched over the door handle. He carefully held the brass key up to the normal sized key hole. Hesitating for a moment, he forced himself to ignore the fact that the brass key was too large for the key hole and pushed. It fit perfectly, like it always did. He had to use both of his little hands to turn the key and both to turn the handle. One last quick glance up and down the street then he shouldered the door open.
In the brief moment before he could shoulder the door closed the empty houses could hear loud bangings and crashes, startled squawks of birds and cussing, they could smell odd things cooking and see faint yellow smoke the same color as the boy’s sweater swiftly slip out the door. The loud bang as the door shut cut off all sights, sounds and smells. The third house from the end was just as vacant as its neighbors.
I am just wearing a skirt and a shirt. Today this is my mantra. It’s already making me feel better about myself. It’s also helping me be less judgmental of other people. I am just wearing a skirt and a shirt, plain and simple. I’m not taking a risk by wearing this, and that’s okay, I’ll get there. But right now I am taking the risk of being okay with myself. So much of how I feel about myself depends on what I’m wearing and what I think other people see/think. It’s all in my head. So I think about my mantra as I walk across campus and I feel less fear, less self-doubt, and less pressure. What I’m wearing is simple and right now that’s enough. One day it won’t matter what I’m wearing, but that’s not today and I’m okay with that. Like Shannon’s favorite lyric says “move one inch at a time.” I’ve finally moved one inch in the right direction. It’s such a simple little step and I might end up right back where I started one day, but today it feels huge. This feeling, this step is worth it. It’s all worth it.
Hey guys. I’m working on my application to a film school for which I need to write a 4-page pitch for a feature length documentary, and I decided I want to do mine on gratitude in modern society. And since I basically live in a bubble in the suburbs of San Francisco, I want to reach out to other…
Professor Minerva McGonagall was head of the house of Gryffindor. Minerva is the Roman name for the ancient Greek goddess Athene who was the patron goddess of potters.
skibas asked: FINE, PARTY POOPER. 1, 7, 17, 21, 25, 31, 33, 39, 41, 42, 51, 55, 60! I have no idea which ones those are but I like those numbers.
1. Swinging on a Star by Bing Crosby, Ebin by Sublime, There’s never Enough Time by the Postal Service, Quiet, Please! by the Cold War Kids, No Surprises by Radiohead, and Stripped by Shiny Toy Guns
7. I was raised Catholic and am now agnostic by choice.
17. Eh I’m getting there, but I know I’m not done yet.
21. Nothing. The wall.
25. It’s between chocolate and books.
31. Yeah unfortunately.
33. A cup of coffee and an avocado cheese burger
41. Save the dog without hesitation. If my boss isn’t the kind of person to understand that situation, they are not the kind of person I want to work for.
42. a. I wouldn’t want to tell anyone, but I know I would because I would need to talk about it. b. anything and everything I wanted with no regrets or apologizes.
51. It is a painting telling me that life is a canvas and I should paint myself a whole lot of colorful days.
55. Feb. 14, 2006 I think it was at about 4ish or so in the afternoon.
60. Michael Fassbender , David Franco, Josh Hutcherson, Garrett Hedlund, Mark Ruffalo
There! but if you want to know the questions you have to go look yourself
skibas asked: Ahhh, yes. This is good. Now do all 60!!! DO IT.
That is cheating! If you want me to answer all 60 you need to ask me them in groups at the most! and I don’t mean ‘answer 1 through 20’ or something like that because that is just silly.
tumblrbot asked: ROBOTS OR DINOSAURS?
Robot dinosaurs definitely!!!